Friday, September 12, 2008

Midnight Ponderings

Well, it's midnight, and I was just listening to "You be the anchor that keeps my feet on the ground, I'll be the wings that keep your heart in the Clouds" (longest song title ever) by Mayday Parade. I love the song so much. I don't know what the meaning of the song is, but it gets me thinking; especially one part in particular that goes:"I could stand here for hoursJust to ask God the question, "Is everyone here make-believe?"With a tear in His voiceHe said, "Son, that's the question."Does this deafening silence mean nothingTo no one but me?"I don't know why this part sticks out to me so much, or why it makes me think so much. It just makes me feel like asking God, "Is it all like a dream? Why are we even here?" I realize that the song probably does not have anything to do with that, but I still start thinking that. Why are we here though? There are times where I'm just so sure, and I know that there's a reason for it all, but other times, I just don't understand and it's all a mystery. If there's one thing I took away from CAMPS, it's the storyline, and God is writing our life story, even though we don't know the ending. We were put here for a reason, and it is important. I believe this so thoroughly, but I still have doubts. When I doubt, I begin wondering why we are here. Everyone lives, then dies; everything we do here is only temporary. It's like a dream in a way; it all will fade away, and no matter what we did in the dream, it'll be gone. All the good things we do, like everything else in life, is only temporary. Sometimes, I see no reason for our temporary being.In this life, I may never know why we are here, so I'll have to struggle with that. I cling so desperately to the fact that we are here for a purpose as I try to run away from the doubts. I suppose, all I can do for now is stand here, and ask God "why?", and hope I am not met by a deafening silence.

No comments: