Thursday, September 18, 2008

Quotes

"...After all, all he did was string together a lot of old well-known quotations."(H.L.Mencken) That's what I'm doing here. For some reason, looking up quotes has become a bit of a hobby of mine; I know, strange. I find comfort in them for some reason. There seems to be quotes for everything, and , for me anyways, seems to give me strength when I face great adversaries in my life. I decided to make a list of some of my favorite quotes, so....here it is. ^_^

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity."
~Edgar Allen Poe

"Anyone desperate enough for suicide..should be desperate enough to go to creative extreme to solve problems: elope at midnight, stow away on the boat to New Zealand, and start over, do what the always wanted to do but were afraid to try."
~Richard Back

"Some day you'll cry for me like I cried for you,
some day you'll miss me like I missed you,
some day you'll need me like I needed you,
some day you'll love me, but I won't love you"
~unknown

"It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression of being stupid rather than opening it and removing all doubt."
~Rami Belson

"Deep into the darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared before."
~Edgar Allen Poe

"Love is composed of one soul inhabiting two bodies."
~Aristotle

"Let us endeavor to live that when we die, even the undertaker will be sorry."
~Mark Twain

"Why kill yourself? Life will do it for you."
~unknown

"Love can tear you apart and it can kill you. But it can also bring you back together."
~unknown

"Heaven knows we need never be ashamed of our tears, for they are rain upon the blinding dust of earth, overlying our hard hearts."
~Charles Dickens (Great Expectations)

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."
~Dr. Seuss

"You block your dream when you allow your fear grow larger than your faith."
~Mary Mannin MOrrissey

"Faith isn't faith until it's all you're holding onto."
~unknown

No comments: